Pages

11.09.2010

Ahmad B. - My Visit to the Naval Academy

The STEM Program was very enjoyable and I had an exciting time while I was there.  I liked all the the science and technology demonstrations that were shown.  The one I enjoyed the most was the biometrics, with the fingerprints and iris recognition.  I thought it was very incredible how your mind could do so much on the computer.  I was surprised about how much the computer can tell about the way you feel just by scanning your eyes.

The ride on the YP boat was very amazing.  I’ve been on a boat like that before, but I had never steered it till that day that I visited the Naval Academy.  My midshipman, Sam, was a very caring person.  He showed me all around, and offered me a lot of things and advice, and took me under his wing for my stay.  I was glad to have him as a midshipman for me.  I watch Navy play on television all the time, but I never guessed that I would be at one of the games live.  The game went toe to toe; sad to see Navy lose, though it was a great game.

My midshipman treated me very well; I enjoyed his company as well as his roommates.  I didn’t think the trip would be so much fun, and I learned at the same time.  I appreciated my trip to the Naval Academy.  It was a great experience.  I would like to thank the Naval Academy for showing me and my fellow classmates a great time.  I enjoyed my stay, and I hoped you enjoyed us.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment