Pages

11.10.2010

Antonio D. - Thanks for a memorable experience

My experience at the US Naval Academy was one to remember.  Everything from the science and technology demonstrations, to the YP boat, to the midshipmen, to the tour of the histories of the Academy, and the sprint football game of Navy vs. Army, was a contributing factor to what made this one of the best experiences ever.  Hanging out with the midshipmen was the greatest part of the experience because I felt that I connected with each of them.

The class demonstration that was most interesting to me was the biometrics demo.  I was intrigued by the technology used, like facial recognition, finger printing, and voice recognition.  This technology is used for our nation’s security, which I am generally interested in.  I also enjoyed the naval architecture demonstration, where we attempted to make a boat out of aluminum foil to hold as many marbles as possible.  My boat sustained pretty well, holding 180 marbles.  The 3-D object programming demonstration was very fun, with the ability to make a 3-D movie and make the characters in our movies perform certain moves to tell a story.  The diffraction of light demonstration was tough, in the sense that it was very groundbreaking, teaching us the different ways light rays traveled and broke up into different colors of the light spectrum with the glasses we got.

This weekend at STEM was one of my best experiences.  Thank you for the opportunity to see the Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment