Pages

11.10.2010

Meloneme O. - My Naval Academy Trip

My time at the US Naval Academy was great, both for learning and for fun.  I learned a lot of new things and did a few new things.

The demonstration that most struck my eyes was the biometrics, with fingerprinting and iris recognition.  The reason I was so impressed with the technology at the Naval Academy was that we were able to control a computer with our eyes, not even having to use a mouse.  Something else that impressed me was the way that the computer was able to figure out if I was happy or not, even guessing my gender and even my age.  For me, that was very interesting.

My experience on the YP boat was the best.  The reason I enjoyed it so much was because I was able to see how the boat is used, and all the ways all the machines work in it.  I was surprised about how many days it could stay out at sea, and that the crew would still be able to survive for a long amount of time.  The experience is important at the Naval Academy because the Navy is built around the sea and they would have to be able to cope with being on a boat.  The most fun I had was being able to steer the boat.  The experience was really good and I will always remember it.

My time with my midshipman was a blast.  He told me a lot about the Academy and I told him how his first year at the Naval Academy and my first year at St. Benedict’s were very alike.  At my school, we also had to walk on the right side during the first year, but he told me that the first year students at the Academy have to hit corners at a ninety degree angle.

I would like to thank the Naval Academy deeply for this this trip.  I gained a lot out of it.  Now I am even thinking about attending the Naval Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment