Pages

11.10.2010

Jared B. - Thanks for a great experience

When I first walked off the bus onto the Naval Academy Campus I was amazed at the artistry and the history behind the construction of the campus. The Chapel Dome was the first building we walked into and I was in awe. The organs and the pews of the church were beautiful. It was definitely a special place of worship; I saw signs for protestant services and even Muslim services. I found it amazing that they could use a place for so many denominations of Religion.

            The second building that we saw was the dining hall, filled with all of the 50 state flags. The history of the building was unique; we learned that it used to be an ice hockey rink. Later on in our trip we toured the top of the building, seeing a special area that was created especially for midshipmen only.

            After we ate, we went straight to Rickover Hall to begin our classes. My first class was Computer programming. I was interested in how we could make an animated video using this one program named “Alice”. Then from there my second class taught us about buoyancy and how the midshipmen create new designs for ships and test them out. The tank they used was huge. The types of facilities they have to use are astonishing. Then from there I went to my biometrics class. That was special for me because I found out that biometrics is exactly what I want my career to be involved with.  Lastly, my final class was the physics of light. That class was probably the most interesting of the day.

            My trip to the Naval Academy really gave me a better idea about where I want to go to college. Spending time with the Midshipmen I had at the football game and playing games in the dorm room let me catch a glimpse of how life would be if I were to go to the Naval Academy. I am extremely grateful for being able to go on this trip and I can say that I have learned a lot about myself and what I want to be in life.  I hope to be able to attend the Naval Academy once I graduate from St. Benedict’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment