Pages

11.09.2010

Christian G. - Thanks for the USNA Experience

I had a very nice time during my two day stay at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD.  One of the moments I enjoyed the most was when we used diffraction glasses to separate the lights into ways.  When I arrived back in Newark, I put the glasses back on and tried to find as many lights to look at as possible.  Another moment I enjoyed while taking classes at the Naval Academy was when we used sheets of aluminum to make boats that could withstand lots of weight without sinking.

By far the best experience I had while at the Academy was when we were able to steer the YP boat.  While on this boat I learned that it requires more than one person to drive a ship.  Also, I was able to see a demonstration of “man overboard.”

The tour of the Yard and the buildings at the Naval Academy was an enjoyable experience, too.  The classroom buildings were so nice, and there was just so many of them.  However, the building that impressed me the most was Bancroft Hall.  To me, Bancroft Hall looked like the Empire State Building laying down.  The indoor track building was also one of my favorite buildings because I had never seen a track with a football field that could be rolled out over it. 

As a result of my experience at the Naval Academy, I look forward to attending this school in the future.  I would like to say thank you for giving me this memorable experience at the US Naval Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment