Pages

11.09.2010

Jongwan K. - My time at the STEM Program

The Naval trip was a wonderful experience. I have learned a lot about science and technology on the first day and all of it was exciting. My favorite part of the science and technology lessons was biometrics. I found it very interesting how the iris recognition worked and how anyone could be tracked down using a fingerprint. Another fun experience was getting on the YP boat. I have learned that a large group of people can live on that boat for a really long while. To be able to control a ship like that would be a very important job and many lives would depend on it.

My midshipman was very nice to me. He helped me learn how things went around the academy and told me enough about himself. He told me he is from Memphis. Funny, he also went to a St. Benedict at Auburndale. They have a nice dorm room. Each person has their own computer and bed. I met his dorm mates and they too were nice. They all gather at a place they call King Hall where they eat by company. It is really nice. The football game was also nice entertainment, they lost the game but I enjoyed it even though the weather was very cold.

The last thing we had was a tour around their campus, there were many buildings and many people from the outside. Of all the buildings the dorm or Bancroft Hall impressed me. I was told it was the biggest dormitory ever and they weren’t kidding. It was huge and it seemed that almost every hall looked identical to the other. The other interesting building would be their Field Houses. Their pools were very big, and the same goes for their wrestling room and the indoor track.

This trip is something I will never forget. Thanks, Naval Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment