Pages

11.09.2010

Telmo D. - Thank you for the opportunity

   I would like to thank everyone at the US Naval Academy for their hospitality to us. The Mini-STEM camp was an exciting program that I hope more students will have the opportunity to attend in the future.
        I had an exciting time at the YP Boat. The boat's captain was welcoming and I felt engaged. He gave us a great tour of the boat and it looked like a submarine from what I have seen. The light class was the most interesting to me. The glasses that broke the spectrum of light were really interesting.
        My midshipman that was my guide through the night was great. He was a plebe and he really gave me an insight of how it is to be a plebe at the US Naval Academy. His name is Christopher M. of 10th Company. Again, he was great.
        Hopefully more people interested in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics can be able to enjoy this kind of event. Our nation needs more professionals in these fields and camps like this can really open our eyes to these careers. I'd like to extend my thanks to Lt. Christian, Prof. Moran, MIDN Maldonado and Mr. Scanlan and Dr. Lansang. I loved the Mini-STEM Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment