Pages

11.09.2010

Calvin J. - At the USNA-STEM Program

I enjoyed my weekend at the Naval Academy.  I enjoyed my classes, my midshipman, H.  I enjoyed the ride on the YP boat, and I enjoyed the tour as well.  I think the most interesting demonstration I experienced was the biometrics.  I honestly didn’t know that your iris has more of your identity than your fingerprints.  They tell us our mood, age, sex, etc.

I really enjoyed my time with midshipman H.  We talked a lot about a lot of stuff like sports, girls, home, the Naval Academy.  Learning about midshipman H.’s home in Vermont and his high school years and his friends were really cool too, and very funny.  When I rode on the YP boat, I was excited because I liked riding on boats.  I was very nervous when I was steering the boat though.

I also enjoyed the tour we took because we were able to see the entire campus.  What I liked the most was the buildings and how they looked medieval. 

Thank you to all the teachers that took time off their busy schedule in order to teach us.  Thank you to the YP boat commander for allowing us to tour the boat and allowing us to steer it.  Thank you to our tour guide for showing us the campus.  And last, but not least, thank you to midshipman H. for being one really cool guy and taking me around the Naval Academy and making me feel as close to home as possible.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment